Amazon

Embed code:

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Fire in the Sky ~


One evening last week, while sitting in my office at home and chatting away with a friend on Facebook, I heard the rumble of thunder and took a quick glimpse outside to see if it had started raining yet. Much to my surprise, instead of rain, I saw RED clouds! I had never seen anything like this before and I got back on "Chat" and told my friend what I was seeing. Being a photographer himself he wrote "Get pictures! I'll be here!" I grabbed the first camera within reach, inserted a memory card, and ran outside. I took 2 pictures before realizing that my lens had fogged up. As I attempted to clear my lens the rain began. I was feeling a bit defeated, went back to my computer and uploaded the pics. I was stunned to find that I had captured the image of the RED clouds! This was something I had never seen before and my friend on Facebook even commented that most people would never believe that I didn't photoshop the pics. Of course, people will believe whatever they want to believe, but I am posting this photo today anyway. I think it's an excellent example of the beauty that mother nature has given us.

2 comments:

  1. A few moments in which everything that happened, second-by-second, will forever be etched in our memories and recalled each time we glance at that photo. Isn't it wonderful how photos can do that? Nice job of cropping, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is wonderful!
    Thanks Jay!

    ReplyDelete