Amazon

Embed code:

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Drops of Water

















I have never had much interest in flowers. I've never had a desire to grow a garden or even been interested in photographing flowers. It's not that I don't appreciate the beauty of a flower; it's more of a feeling that it's been done time and time again, and like anything else, if you're not passionate about what you're photographing, then you're gonna end up with just another picture of a flower.
Now, having said that, I spent some time at my in-laws this past weekend and they have an amazing garden! I'm not just talking flowers here; they have a full vegetable garden as well! It's quite obvious that they love their garden. So, after eating way too much for lunch, I grabbed my camera and headed out to the garden! If anything, I surmised, maybe I could walk off some of that lunch!
It had rained all morning long and drops of rain were still visible on the flowers and veggies. This perked me right up! I may not enjoy photographing flowers, but drops of water are an entirely different topic! There's just something about a water drop that seems to add interest to nearly any subject, so I began shooting!

2 comments:

  1. I agree water can be very interesting, it has a mind of it's own and when someone tries to control it, it will resist in unpredictable ways. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kevin ~
    Happy you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete