Amazon

Embed code:

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Favorite Destinations ~ Pick 1 (Part 2)


Favorite Destinations Pick # 1 (Part 2)

Oahu ~ Hawaii

I would encourage anyone who has a bucket list (you know, the list of things you must do before you kick the bucket!) to add Oahu, Hawaii to that list!


I have visited Oahu six times, the last being in 2005, and I can't wait to get back! I have also been to Maui, which is absolutely beautiful, but Oahu is where I truly love to be.

I could write about Oahu all day, but I won't. However, should you add Oahu to your bucket list I would recommend, first and foremost, visiting Pearl Harbor. It's an incredibly somber place, but you walk away with a feeling of peace and appreciation for our military! I have never made a trip to Oahu without paying my respects to those that lost their lives in paradise.

The list of things to do and see in Oahu are endless, but I will share a few. Visit the Rain Forest, North Shore, and hike to the top of Diamond Head! I never imagined that I could or would do that, but once I reached the summit I was overwhelmed by the beauty of what lie below, and felt a sense of personal accomplishment!

I hope you enjoy the photo's that I have posted today. All were shot in 2005, during my last visit.

Photo's published in "Burning Daylight"
Copyright 2009



No comments:

Post a Comment