Amazon

Embed code:

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Danger in the Park ~


Shortly after arriving at Vulcan Park on Sunday I noticed a small child, perhaps 5 years old, standing with his father. I wandered around a bit, trying to decide the best place to start shooting, and just a couple feet from where this little boy was standing I found someones leftovers.
I absolutely couldn't believe what I was seeing and my mind began to race. What if that child picked up that needle? It was lying on the ground and children will pick up anything! Or...what if that child had reached up on the ledge? He was too small to see what was waiting on top of it!
It's common knowledge that IV drug users are at a higher risk of contracting the HIV virus, and how do they get that virus? By sharing needles! This small child, or any other child in the park that day, could have easily been stuck by any of the needles lying around. I will never understand why a drug addict would choose to use in a public park, let alone just leave their deadly weapons lying around. They may not have a desire to live their own lives, but that doesn't give them the right to potentially end the lives of others.
I found it even more interesting that an attorneys business card was also left there. Did the drug user leave the card? Or, did the attorney find the same leftovers that I found and left his own calling card? Afterall, the drug user may be a potential client! Either way, it seems to me that Mayor Langford needs to spend more time cleaning up his city and stop worrying so much about how to promote himself. Oh, nevermind...I forgot...Mayor Langford is too busy trying to keep his own ass out of prison. He's currently on trial for Fraud, Conspiracy and Money Laundering. Maybe after the trial???
Photo's: Eastcreek Photography
Copyright 2009




4 comments:

  1. Great blog Tina!! I found it interesting the ads Google decided to place at the top of your blog today. One for Drug and Alcohol Rehab, one for Drugs to treat HIV, and one for a Drug Possesion Lawyer, LOL. I think they are trying to cash in on your blog, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, the LAST thoughts on a user's mind are about the children being harmed. A truly sad statement about today's society. Oh, maybe the fixin's and the lawyer's card are from the same person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kevin ~
    The google ads change according to what the topic of my post is ~ That's some good advertising!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jay ~
    It is a very sad statement about today's society.
    I would love to know how that business card comes into play! I would be disgusted if I knew that an attorney saw this, left his card, and failed to report what he found to the Park Security Guards!

    ReplyDelete