Amazon

Embed code:

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Soup for the Soul?


It seems that everyone has something that makes them feel better when they're sick. For some people it's their favorite blanket. For others it may be mom's soup, music playing, or watching old movies while they slip in and out of sleep.
I haven't been feeling very well today and nothing seems to be making me feel better. That started me thinking...what makes me feel better? I realized that for me, it's not something that I can touch, but rather a state of mind. It's the warm feeling of home. Having been born and raised in Chicago you would wonder why the feeling of home for me would be in the country, but it is! There's something comforting about the smell of country air, the warmth of a fire, the feel of old wood, and the sounds that are unique to the south. I was born in the city, but I'm proud to say my home's in Alabama. Alabama is where my parents and their parents before them were born and raised. It's where I was conceived. And it's where I call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment