Amazon

Embed code:

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Life Interrupted


Life Interrupted ~
For a week now my life has been completely and utterly interrupted. Actually, it's been worse then interrupted... it has been: Life Standing Still!
One week ago, while reading my private messages on Facebook, I made the fatal error of clicking on one that contained a virus! Within minutes my entire computer system had been hijacked; leaving me standing still.
Fear sent chills up and down my spine as I realized that my entire life was inside this box and I was denied access! Today my computer is free of any viruses, trojans, and spyware, but now I'm left with an uneasy feeling. What did the hackers gain from this? And, what kind of damage can be done? Was I able to avoid long term destruction? And, how long will it take before I know if any damage was done?
Computers are part of our lives, there's no doubt about that, but I wonder if the instant gratification is worth the risk?
Photo: Eastcreek Photography
Copyright 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment